Monday, June 22, 2009

brand new life


Only much later in life, about four years ago I was diagnosed with cerebellar atrophy. It sounds pretty scary but really I was relived. I felt like a huge boulder just felt off my shoulders. I wasn't imagining things; I wasn't kind of insane person or just bungler. I was kind of “special” but only by limitations I have.
In fact I'm in best shape of my life. I go to the gym regularly, I'm kind of “health” freak in a way I'm eating :) I never get to really dangerous places just because my brain draw really scary pictures for me then, like I fell down from something hit myself badly and it would be blood all over the place so basically my brain is saying to me “don't even think about it!” And scare me to death :) You know that feeling they call “intuition” - that's it. So this “intuition” actually is good for me because I don’t risk my life too much.
Then wheelchair appeared in my life. Gosh, what a thing! I am finally able to enjoy green surroundings, blue sky and everything in between not getting this terrible exhaustion. I feel like a kid in a candy store often :) I love my life! I just really enjoy every possibility I get to have fun like every “ordinary” person do. I really love being able to walk all day long through different parks and even being able to enjoy all that excitement I couldn't have as a child. I have it now! Well, some people think – it's so good for her she could manage to keep this kid spirit. It's a little different for me I have this kid stuff for the first time in my life. I just got to be a kid little bit later in life then everybody else did :) And I accept it! I wonder now though what would be teen years like for me now in my age :)

My present is so different from my past that I can say that I've gotten a brand new life. A great one.
I consider myself really lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment