Wednesday, July 15, 2009

how do I do it

The secret is actually no secret. The life is in movement.
You keep moving no matter what, you fell down but you got to get up and keep going.
I have bruises all over my body :) like a teenager :) Most of the time I don't even know how and where I've gotten them :) And the point is that you just try to ignore it at least I do. It's just a part of my life that's all.

I do hate those buttons on the clothes :) But just try to play with little balls in hand all the time - this way you keep you hands ready. Having two or three balls at a time try them to keep in the hand without helping by other hand, just playing with it with fingers.
And for the balance my physio therapist showed me a cool exercise: you lay on the back on the half-round beam on the floor with your legs bended in knees resting on the floor. Then try to balance your body on that with you hands resting on the floor. Then lift up in the air both hands slowly, one then another, then both. It won't grow back my cerebellum but it definitely teaches other parts of my brain do the job.

To train my balance in the gym I do treadmill as long as I can (about 15 min) walking not hanging to the handle. But it has to be there anyway because whatever happens (sudden move or something) I got to be able to grab something quickly.


Another thing I do in the gym is to do cranches side ways (using 45 Degree Hyperextension Bench). I lay on the machine sideways and lift my body trying to keep balance. It's hard, very hard for me, but iI'm pushing myself here trying to improve my balance skills.


Another machine I always use is lat-pull-down, I only do it standing up for (again) impoving my balance skills. To keep my hands strong in case of falling down - lifting weights.

And…….Of course you have to be kind of spiritual. I’m not that religious (you know formalized religion just not my thing) but it doesn’t stop me from being spiritual. God created me that way means God had a reason to put me trough all I went trough. I was strong enough actually not to get to hate all the world, not to grab the gun and just shoot all people because they hurt me in the past. Thi9s strength God gave me. And I’m very grateful for that. I think because I took all that and managed it somehow I got rewarded. My life now is a big reward.

I love my life! Thank you God for giving me that!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Alaska Girl!You have succeeded in lifting my heart through your comments. I just had to find your blog-- I have been to your website, as you know. I am so thankful to be reminded of the many things we can be thankful for, including the abilities we do have, despite the physical and mental (in my case) struggles.

    Keep writing your perceptive and energizing blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you see, last couple of days I had those bad days - with migraine, nausea and everything.
    But in the middle of my misery I though how lucky I am having this husband.
    He takes so good care of me that I just couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete