Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some thoughts about healthcare and money

I cannot stop thinking about it just because I am working in a hospital and even perusing healthcare career studying.
I am officially disabled, fortunatily, I have invisible disability now (thanks God!). I have gotten a job because I do not look like the person who is making living on Government check. In fact, I never received anything from the Government, not even a tax exemption or something. I do not really need any help from the Government, thanks God, I can be useful to the society, and the society pays me back.
The only thing is that I do not want any intrusion in my life. I am getting angry, when I have to pay twice as much as “ordinary” people do. For example, for travel I need to make special arrangements, rent a big car to carry wheelchair, rent wheelchair itself, and so on. On top of it I have to pay ridiculous taxes. My hard earned money which I desperately need myself tom people who, in lots of cases, just do not want to change their lifestyle and keep living on a Government check! Why? It all looks like I have to pay twice just for being alive and relatively well. I want to be able to be nice and do donations like I always did. If those in Government decide to raise my taxes, I will have to forget about it. Just think about surviving. Alternative for me looks very sad: just sit at home, do nothing, think nothing and hope for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment